Please see announcement below
It is with a lot of sadness that we have to confirm there will not be a Party on the Park or Carnival event this summer.
We understand this will be disappointing for many, but as a committee feel we have to take this decision for a number of reasons:
- Uncertainty about how long the current Covid-19 situation will last
- Reluctance to ask local businesses for support at a time which will be tough for all
- Limited funds in the account due to two years of reduced ticket sales (World Cup and weather impacts)
- To remove the risk of spending on plans which have to be cancelled
- We can't have portaloos without loo roll!
We would much rather protect the funds in the account for an event in the future, as well as give both our committee members and local supporters the time to concentrate on what will be a testing few months for all.
And towards the end of the summer when everything is back to normal, we'd love to hold some events to bring the community together and raise some funds towards next year's carnival - so we can come back bigger and better in 2021!!
We hope all will understand this difficult decision. And don't worry, we're currently keeping Santa in isolation so he can make an appearance again on his sleigh in December!
Wishing everyone good health. Look after each other.
The Carnival Committee:
Adam, Elaine, Michael, Lucy, Marie, Alex and Curtis xx
Copyright @ All rights reserved
ABOUT ATTLEBOROUGH SUMMER CARNIVAL COMMITTEE
Attleborough Summer Carnival Committee is a bunch of enthusiastic local people who can remember when the parade was miles long and they're working hard to bring it back to a similar size.